observatory

The kids called this the "Absorb a Terry." I could not get them to say it right! I have not been here in a long time. Since a Sunshine field trip when I was a camp counselor I think. I forgot how pretty it is up there and it's one of the last good free things in LA.
We watched a movie in the Planetarium. That was a big hit. It shows the movie on the dome-shaped ceiling and you lean back to watch.Megan and Grace especially loved it because they just finished learning about the solar system at school. I learned more things, too. Like, did you know the Antarctic Ocean is now called the Southern Ocean? I can't keep up.
view of the city

Doesn't he look happy? He didn't stay happy so enjoy that shot.

Here's how he really felt!
Megan was striking poses at this statue and a tourist took pictures of her! I am sorry, it is so rude to take a picture of someone else's kid without asking first! I don't think he could have asked in English but STILL.
We could only stay a couple of hours because Nathan had to be back for a birthday party. I'll tell you this: never again will I go inside a Chuck E Cheese on a Saturday afternoon!

Comments

Jamir said…
How fun...I have not been there since I think right after High School. Many many years ago. And I totally know what you mean about people taking pictures of your kids! That happens to me too! I thought it was just me but I am glad you are with me on this.
Did you know that Pluto isn't a planet anymore either??? What's up with that?
Anonymous said…
Why do they keep changing all this stuff? It is fine the way it is. As far as I am concerned, Pluto is still a planet. Alex will get that one wrong on his science test when the time comes.
jlo said…
Pumpkin is Kim Mackey...did you go to school with her??
mitzi said…
Yep - I totally remember that name. I figured it out from your facebook. :)

Popular posts from this blog

i see you..

i {heart} david cook.

the story